When I set this blog up, it was supposed to be an aid to me during my two weeks recovery off work after an operation to repair my inguinal hernia. Those two weeks came to an end last week as I returned to work on Thursday after a grand total of ZERO posts made. I do feel bad about that. I had every intention but the truth is that the two weeks “off” were actually a lot harder than I was expecting them to be, and I couldn’t really focus on doing anything much which sadly included the blog.
Despite this I received quite the pleasant surprise this morning. The wonderfully talented Lexi Miles has nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award.
Lexi has been incredibly supportive of the blog and I can’t thank her enough for this. It truly does feel good to think that even with so few posts she has deemed it worthy of this stamp of approval. Please stop by her blog and take a look at some of her great posts.
So there are a few rules that come along with being nominated including having to list 7 things about me that people may not otherwise know. I am pretty open about most things so I’ll do my best to either surprise you with a revelation, pleasantly confirm something you always suspected or make you chuckle with what will undoubtedly be a poor attempt at humour. Or none of the above as I am just writing these on the fly. Here we go!
- Way back in May 2000 I had a website that won a link of the day award three days in a row, because I offered the chance for visitors to send in funky designs for underpants. The same website had to amend quite a bit when I was contacted by the headmaster of my school because I had left some comments up on there from when it had received some less than glowing results during Ofsted reports.
- I actually really like The Phantom Menace
- The first single I ever bought was Mickey by Toni Basil – the ritual of a child going to a record shop and buying their first single or album is something I think the world is missing.
- I never see my best friend and it burns me a little every single day
- Every time I encounter someone I don’t know either at work or in my personal life I am working on the assumption they want to strike me in the privates.
- I don’t read nearly as much as I should and when I do I tend to stick to the same handful of authors I know I’ll enjoy.
- I’m not always jockin but when I am it’s serious and with no G
Thank you again Lexi for the nomination and thank you to all who take the time to read what little I post on here!